Terms and conditions
This site operated by CONFLICT CHECK LTD, ("we", "us" or "our"). We are a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 11095671 and our registered office is at St Brides' House, 10 Salisbury Square, London, United Kingdom, EC4Y 8EH. Our VAT number is 314 6438 13.
1) Please read these terms and conditions carefully before accessing and using this site.
3) CONFLICT CHECK LTD will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that this site is available for use, but gives no warranty that it will be. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of this site for business and operational reasons.
4) CONFLICT CHECK LTD provides a questionnaire-based tool on this site to assist in determining whether a conflict of interest or the appearance of bias may exist.
5) This site does not, nor does it purport to, determine whether a conflict of interest or an appearance of bias exists. It is purely a quantative and not a qualitative approach and it is only a medium through which information is disclosed.
6) The assessment and analysis of the information captured on this site is a matter for specialist, professional, legal advice. This site does not, and is not intended to, provide legal advice.
7) The applicable fee must be paid to use the site. If the fee is not paid immediately on first inputting data to the site: (i) the law firm of each registered user is deemed to undertake to pay the applicable fee; (ii) such undertaking is, where appropriate, a matter of professional conduct as well as a contractual obligation; (iii) if not paid within 3 business days from first inputting data to the site, then, for each period of 7-days that the applicable fee is unpaid you will pay liquidated damages of £50 and you agree that such sum is a reasonable pre-estimate of CONFLICT CHECK LTD's loss and damage.
8) You acknowledge that CONFLICT CHECK LTD has no knowledge of the nature and value of the dispute and of the consequences of any conflict or the appearance of bias existing. You acknowledge that data input into the site will not be seen or considered by any person on behalf of CONFLICT CHECK LTD.
9) CONFLICT CHECK LTD does not accept responsibility or liability to users or any third parties in relation to the use of this site or its contents.
10) Conflict Check, for itself, officers and employees disclaims all liability whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for a conflict arising and any consequences thereof.
11) In particular, Conflict Check and its officers and employees will not be liable for (i) loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; (ii) loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or (iii) any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
12) In any event, any liability that CONFLICT CHECK LTD and / or its officers and employees does have is limited to the fee paid.
13) Nothing in these terms shall operate to exclude or restrict liability based on fraud or recklessness or any other liability that cannot be excluded or restricted by applicable laws or regulations.
14) Users of Conflict Check for themselves, their clients and the parties they represent agree to hold Conflict Check harmless for any conflict or the appearance of any bias and the consequences thereof.
15) CONFLICT CHECK LTD reserves the right to refuse access to this site whether for breach of any term or condition or otherwise at its discretion.
16) CONFLICT CHECK LTD is not responsible if this site is not accurate, complete or current. This site should not be relied upon or used as the basis for making decisions without consulting specialist, professional, legal advice. Any reliance on this site is at your own risk.
17) CONFLICT CHECK LTD does not warrant that the quality of this site will meet your expectations, or that any errors in, or from using, this site will be corrected.
18) You acknowledge that your relationship is solely with CONFLICT CHECK LTD and that you have no relationship with any officer or employee of CONFLICT CHECK LTD and that no officer or employee of CONFLICT CHECK LTD has or will assume responsibility to you or that any duty of care exists or will exist.
19) You agree not to modify, reproduce, copy, distribute, disclose to third parties or derive commercial use or benefit from this site other than in accordance with its intended purpose, without the prior written consent of CONFLICT CHECK LTD.
20) You must not transmit, upload or otherwise place on this site any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
21) You agree not to use or permit the use of this site for any illegal purpose nor use the materials in such a manner as would bring CONFLICT CHECK LTD or its business into disrepute.
22) You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CONFLICT CHECK LTD and our partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal or attorneys' fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these terms and conditions, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
23) You agree not to seek to access any case other than that for which you are registered and have paid the appropriate fee.
24) You acknowledge that any suggestions for improvements to the site are provided gratuitously and, if adopted, will not entitle you to any fee, remuneration or interest in CONFLICT CHECK LTD or this site.
25) You acknowledge that any improvements or modifications to this site do not amount to an acknowledgement that the site was inadequate or lacking prior to such improvement or modification.
26) These terms shall be construed in accordance with, and any relationship between users of this site and CONFLICT CHECK LTD shall be governed by, the laws of England. Any dispute shall be referred to arbitration under the LCIA Rules in London where the arbitration shall have its seat. The agreement to refer disputes to arbitration shall be governed by English law.
27) Any new features or tools which are added to this site shall also be subject to theses terms and conditions. You can review the most current version of the terms and conditions at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these terms and conditions by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is the responsibility of users to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
28) Communications to and from CONFLICT CHECK LTD will be by email only. You recognise that email is not secure and that communications may be intercepted and modified.
29) CONFLICT CHECK LTD reserves the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on this site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to the law and this site.
30) All copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property in or arising out of this site (and any amendment to this site) vests solely in CONFLICT CHECK LTD.
31) Neither CONFLICT CHECK LTD nor this site are regulated (whether by the Solicitors Regulation Authority or otherwise). You acknowledge that fact and represent and warrant to CONFLICT CHECK LTD that you have not used the site under the belief or apprehension that it was regulated.